The Reporter has been covering news and culture for the Santa Fe community and the state of New Mexico since 1974, and we have no intention of slowing down—there’s too much at stake.
We believe in the importance of connecting the people who share this place we call home. We’re committed to holding the government accountable. We want life to be fair and hopeful for everyone.
Do you want that, too?
Let’s be friends.
Why put your money here, now?
- The business model that has sustained journalism is changing. Local advertising support matters, but it’s no longer enough to cover cost.
- Our goal is to do MORE—not less—journalism. We need help to keep fearless watchdog reporting and essential arts and culture coverage viable here.
- The Reporter is free for everyone—no paywalls, no subscriptions. We aim to keep it that way.
In return, you’ll receive tangible benefits:
- Discounts on SFR merch
- Special invitations and ticket giveaways
- Surprises from partners that we’ll announce soon
- The gratitude of a scrappy handful of overworked, underpaid journalists who want to speak truth to power and tell stories that matter.
The first 200 people to sign up at the $9.74 per month level — or make a $100 one-time donation or more — will receive a pair of tickets to the CCA or The Screen as our gesture of friendship.
Go the extra mile and donate $19.74 per month (or $200), and we’ll regularly acknowledge you in print as a BFF of the Reporter.
Is your Business Friendly?
Become a Business Friend of the Reporter with a minimum annual donation of $500. We shop, eat and play at local businesses that support independent journalism. Our tens of thousands of readers do too.
In return, access business benefits:
- Send a free email blast once per year to 7,000 of our most engaged subscribers
- Buy one get one free digital leaderboard ads in our Wednesday newsletter
- 15 % discounts on SFR merch for your whole team
- Make a special offer to Friends members
Thank you to our Business Friends:
Monroe Gallery of Photography
Egolf + Ferlic + Harwood + Martinez
Academy for the Love of Learning