New Mexico health officials today reported 307 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number to 17,517 so far, of which the health department has designated 6,870 as recovered.
Bernalillo County continues to have the highest number of new cases, 60 today, followed by Doña Ana County with 49 and Rio Arriba County with 47 new cases. Cases continue to rise in Lea County with 32 new cases.
Santa Fe County has six new cases today and a total of 436 cases, 181 of which have been designated as recovered by the health department.
The state also reported 10 new deaths, which included the first fatalities in Grant, Lea and Lincoln counties. Bernalillo, Cibola, McKinley and Sandoval also reported deaths. There have been a total of 588 fatalities.
As of today, 154 people are hospitalized with COVID-19.*
- 60 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 11 new cases in Chaves County
- 4 new cases in Cibola County
- 11 new cases in Curry County
- 49 new cases in Doña Ana County
- 9 new cases in Eddy County
- 2 new cases in Grant County
- 2 new cases in Guadalupe County
- 2 new cases in Hidalgo County
- 32 new case in Lea County
- 3 new cases in Lincoln County
- 2 new cases in Los Alamos County
- 10 new cases in Luna County
- 16 new cases in McKinley County
- 7 new cases in Otero County
- 2 new cases in Quay County
- 47 new cases in Rio Arriba County
- 9 new cases in Sandoval County
- 19 new cases in San Juan County
- 6 new cases in Santa Fe County
- 4 new cases in Valencia County
- A female in her 70s from Bernalillo County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 90s from Cibola County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 60s from Grant County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A male in his 70s from Lea County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 50s from Lincoln County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 40s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A male in his 60s from McKinley County who was hospitalized.
- A male in his 70s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 90s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A male in his 70s from Sandoval County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
The Department of Health has identified at least one positive COVID-19 case in residents and/or staff in the past 28 days at the following facilities:
- The Adobe in Las Cruces
- Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque in Albuquerque
- The Aristocrat Assisted Living Center in Alamogordo
- Avamere Rehab at Fiesta Park in Albuquerque
- Bear Canyon Rehabilitation Center in Albuquerque
- BeeHive Homes of Farmington in Farmington
- Bloomfield Nursing and Rehabilitation in Bloomfield
- Blue Horizon Assisted Living in Las Cruces
- Brookdale Juan Tabo Place in Albuquerque
- Camino Healthcare in Albuquerque
- Casa del Sol Center in Las Cruces
- Casa de Oro Center in Las Cruces
- Casa Real in Santa Fe
- Cedar Ridge Inn in Farmington
- Crane’s Roost Care Home in Aztec
- Desert Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Hobbs
- El Castillo in Santa Fe
- GoodLife Senior Living in Carlsbad
- Good Samaritan Society in Grants
- Good Samaritan Society in Las Cruces
- Life Care Center of Farmington in Farmington
- Montebello on Academy in Albuquerque
- The Neighborhood in Rio Rancho
- New Mexico State Veterans’ Home in Truth or Consequences
- North Ridge Alzheimer’s Special Care Center in Albuquerque
- Princeton Place in Albuquerque
- Red Rocks Care Center in Gallup
- Retirement Ranches, Inc. in Clovis
- Retreat Healthcare in Rio Rancho
- The Rio at Las Estancias in Albuquerque
- Rio Rancho Center in Rio Rancho
- Sagecrest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Las Cruces
- Sandia Ridge Center in Albuquerque
- Sombrillo Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Los Alamos
- Sierra Health Care Center, Inc. in Truth or Consequences
- Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites in Albuquerque
- Sunset Villa Care Center in Roswell
- Taos Living Center in Taos
- The Village at Northrise in Las Cruces
- Welbrook Senior Living Las Cruces in Las Cruces
- White Sands Healthcare in Hobbs
According to a state news release, previously reported numbers included four cases that have been identified as duplicates: one in Bernalillo County, one in Rio Arriba County and two in Santa Fe County. One case has been identified as out-of-state resident in Santa Fe County; these have now been corrected. County totals are subject to change upon further investigation and determination of residency of individuals positive for COVID-19.
Bernalillo County: 3,920
Catron County: 4
Chaves County: 223
Cibola County: 271
Colfax County: 11
Curry County: 327
Doña Ana County: 1,786
Eddy County: 196
Grant County: 55
Guadalupe County: 26
Harding County: 1
Hidalgo County: 80
Lea County: 411
Lincoln County: 41
Los Alamos County: 16
Luna County: 165
McKinley County: 3,783
Mora County: 3
Otero County: 113
Quay County: 26
Rio Arriba County: 251
Roosevelt County: 92
Sandoval County: 942
San Juan County: 2,861
San Miguel County: 34
Santa Fe County: 436
Sierra County: 21
Socorro County: 67
Taos County: 71
Torrance County: 51
Union County: 14
Valencia County: 264
Cases among people being held by federal agencies
- style="font-weight: 400;">
- Cibola County Correctional Center: 2
- Otero County Prison Facility: 276
- Otero County Processing Center: 149
- Torrance County Detention Facility: 43
Cases among people being held by the Mexico Department of Corrections
- style="font-weight: 400;">
- Central New Mexico Correctional Facility in Valencia County: 22
- Northwest New Mexico Correctional Center in Cibola County: 1
- Otero County Prison Facility: 461
- Penitentiary of New Mexico in Santa Fe County: 1
*Per the health department, hospitalization figures include people who were tested elsewhere but are hospitalized in New Mexico, but don't include people who were tested here but are hospitalized out of state.