What’s that you say Norco, CA? You think you’re kooky because you require people interested in keeping a pet rhinoceros to obtain a $100 license first? Well, hellfire will come down on hairy women in Carrizozo, NM should they leave the house to air out their muttonchops.
Yep, we keep it gangster in the Land of Enchantment. Interested in why there’s a town here named after a 1950s radio quiz show?
15. We have a superhero governor
13. We're home to the original Las Vegas
12. We're also home to a town that changed its name to this:
11. Hands down, we have the best police force around
image via elpasotimes.com
10. Our state flower, the yucca, can be used to make rope, sandals and shampoo. Your move, Texas rose!
image via Wikimedia Commons
9. Because Smokey the Bear is from here
7. In Las Cruces, it's forbidden to carry a lunch box down Main Street (I don't know about you, but I can sleep better at night)
image via etsy.com
6. Our teenagers are made out of rubber!
5. More than an international destination, we’re an intergalactic one
4. We have an official state cookie (recipe here)
2. We’re smooth
image via huffingtonpost.com