SFR cover artist Anson Stevens-Bollen worries that maybe you are feeling dreary already this season, so to cheer us all, he summoned Old Man Gloom for a winter appearance. SnowZobra can tell you that this year gave him plenty to moan about: Politics were dark, the sky was dark—it's been sad. But as we roll along toward the end of another year, we tried our best to see change on the horizon, and that this time of the year is about giving, helping, togetherness and, frankly, beer. In the following pages, learn how to show compassion to feral cats, get the lowdown on escape-rooming, ditch at least some of the capitalism for the holidays and get recs for a trio of season-appropriate beers from near and far. There's more inside as well, including a local-centric gift guide. Otherwise, we remind you to love each other, Santa Fe. And remember: 2020 can't possibly be worse, can it?
- Do North : Taos Ski Valley’s fabled past beckons skiers and boarders to a new future
- The Ski Grid : Everything you need to know about skiing New Mexico
- Mom’s Advice : How to weather winter
- A Cats Tale : Give the gift of fewer stray cats this holiday season.
- From Consumer to Connoisseur : Up your tea and coffee game with classes and tastings
- How to Have An Anti Capitalist Christmas
- Winter Brews : Seasonal suds to warm you
- The Vexing of SFR : How the Puzzah! escape room challenged our brains and brought us closer together during the cold winter months
- Gift Guide 2019