New Mexico health officials today reported 301 additional positive cases for COVID-19, bringing the statewide total thus far to 19,791; the health department has designated 7,657 of those cases as recovered.
The new figures come as the state publishes its weekly modeling report showing a steep increase in daily case counts in the Northwest region. The report also says hospitalizations have increased since the beginning of July, while ventilator use remains steady and currently is at 23%. Weekly hospitalizations are increasing across all regions, except for the Northwest.
As for today, Bernalillo County led with new cases: 80 of them, followed by Lea County with 25 and Doña Ana County with 22. Santa Fe County had 14 new cases, bringing the total here to 524, of which 208 have been designated as recovered.
Yesterday, the state reported a surge of 170 cases among people being held in federal custody at the Cibola County Correction Center (where the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the US Marshals Service both operate). A correction to previous figures today adds 18 people at that facility who were previously and incorrectly listed as residents of various counties.
The state also reported seven more deaths today. There have now been 626 fatalities.
As of today, 160 people are hospitalized with COVID-19.*
- 80 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 21 new cases in Chaves County
- 4 new cases in Cibola County
- 15 new cases in Curry County
- 22 new cases in Doña Ana County
- 9 new cases in Eddy County
- 2 new cases in Grant County
- 2 new cases in Guadalupe County
- 25 new cases in Lea County
- 4 new cases in Lincoln County
- 18 new cases in Luna County
- 16 new cases in McKinley County
- 6 new cases in Otero County
- 1 new case in Rio Arriba County
- 5 new cases in Roosevelt County
- 15 new cases in Sandoval County
- 20 new cases in San Juan County
- 1 new case in San Miguel County
- 14 new cases in Santa Fe County
- 1 new case in Sierra County
- 2 new cases in Taos County
- 2 new cases in Torrance County
- 1 new case in Union County
- 14 new cases in Valencia County
- 1 new case among New Mexico Corrections Department inmates at the Central New Mexico Correctional Facility in Valencia County
- A male in his 90s from Bernalillo County who had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 60s from Doña Ana County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 70s from Doña Ana County who had underlying conditions and was a resident of the Good Samaritan Society facility in Las Cruces.
- A female in her 60s from Eddy County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A male in his 70s from Grant County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 80s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A male in his 70s from Valencia County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
The Department of Health has identified at least one positive COVID-19 case in residents and/or staff in the past 28 days at the following facilities:
- The Adobe in Las Cruces
- Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque in Albuquerque
- The Aristocrat Assisted Living Center in Alamogordo
- Avamere Rehab at Fiesta Park in Albuquerque
- Bear Canyon Rehabilitation Center in Albuquerque
- BeeHive Homes of Farmington in Farmington
- Bloomfield Nursing and Rehabilitation in Bloomfield
- Blue Horizon Assisted Living in Las Cruces
- Bonney Family Home in Gallup
- Brookdale Juan Tabo Place in Albuquerque
- Camino Healthcare in Albuquerque
- Casa Contenta Assisted Living in Rio Rancho
- Casa del Sol Center in Las Cruces
- Casa de Oro Center in Las Cruces
- Casa Real in Santa Fe
- Cedar Ridge Inn in Farmington
- Clayton Nursing and Rehab in Clayton
- Crane’s Roost Care Home in Aztec
- Desert Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Hobbs
- El Castillo in Santa Fe
- GoodLife Senior Living in Carlsbad
- Good Samaritan Society in Las Cruces
- Life Care Center of Farmington in Farmington
- Montebello on Academy in Albuquerque
- The Neighborhood in Rio Rancho
- New Mexico State Veterans’ Home in Truth or Consequences
- North Ridge Alzheimer’s Special Care Center in Albuquerque
- Princeton Place in Albuquerque
- Red Rocks Care Center in Gallup
- Retirement Ranches, Inc. in Clovis
- Retreat Healthcare in Rio Rancho
- The Rio at Las Estancias in Albuquerque
- Rio Rancho Center in Rio Rancho
- Sagecrest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Las Cruces
- Sandia Ridge Center in Albuquerque
- Sombrillo Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Los Alamos
- Sierra Health Care Center, Inc. in Truth or Consequences
- Sierra Springs Assisted Living in Los Lunas
- Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites in Albuquerque
- Sunset Villa Care Center in Roswell
- Taos Living Center in Taos
- Welbrook Senior Living Las Cruces in Las Cruces
- White Sands Healthcare in Hobbs
According to a state news release, previously reported numbers included six cases that have been identified as duplicates: two in Bernalillo County, three in Doña Ana County, one in McKinley County. Two cases were not lab confirmed: one in McKinley County and one in Taos County. Four cases have been identified as out-of-state residents: two in Chaves County, one in Doña Ana County and one in Eddy County. All these have now been corrected.
Previously reported numbers also included 18 cases that were previously reported in various counties that have since been determined to be among people being held by federal agencies at Cibola County Correctional Center. Of those, 14 were initially in Cibola County, two were in Bernalillo County, one was in McKinley County and one was Sandoval County.
County totals are subject to change upon further investigation and determination of residency of individuals positive for COVID-19.
- Bernalillo County: 4,542
- Catron County: 4
- Chaves County: 289
- Cibola County: 292
- Colfax County: 13
- Curry County: 410
- Doña Ana County: 2,082
- Eddy County: 233
- Grant County: 65
- Guadalupe County: 31
- Harding County: 1
- Hidalgo County: 85
- Lea County: 571
- Lincoln County: 79
- Los Alamos County: 17
- Luna County: 215
- McKinley County: 3,934
- Mora County: 6
- Otero County: 174
- Quay County: 31
- Rio Arriba County: 281
- Roosevelt County: 122
- Sandoval County: 1,032
- San Juan County: 2,946
- San Miguel County: 40
- Santa Fe County: 524
- Sierra County: 27
- Socorro County: 71
- Taos County: 87
- Torrance County: 58
- Union County: 24
- Valencia County: 333
Cases among people being held by federal agencies
- Cibola County Correctional Center: 193
- Otero County Prison Facility: 277
- Otero County Processing Center: 159
- Torrance County Detention Facility: 43
Cases among people being held by the Mexico Department of Corrections
- Central New Mexico Correctional Facility in Valencia County: 25
- Lea County Correctional Facility: 2
- Northeast New Mexico Correctional Facility: 1
- Northwest New Mexico Correctional Center in Cibola County: 1
- Otero County Prison Facility: 469
- Penitentiary of New Mexico in Santa Fe County: 1
- Western New Mexico Correctional Facility: 1
*Per the health department, hospitalization figures include people who were tested elsewhere but are hospitalized in New Mexico, but don't include people who were tested here but are hospitalized out of state.