New Mexico health officials announced 290 new positive tests for COVID-19 today—69 more than yesterday—bringing the statewide total thus far to 14,017.
Bernalillo County again led with new cases: 99 of them. Doña Ana County had 53; McKinley County had 23.
Santa Fe County had 10 new cases and has now had a total of 293 cases, 144 of which have been designated by the health department as recovered.
Statewide, as of today, 154 people are hospitalized—21 more than yesterday—and the health department has designated 6,051 cases as recovered.*
The state also reported eight new deaths from Bernalillo, Doña Ana, McKinley and San Juan counties. There have been 527 fatalities.
The state's weekly modeling report, released July 7, shows the effective rate of transmission has remained steady at about 1.2 for the last two weeks, higher than the 1.05 target specified in the gating criteria for re-opening the economy. The northwest region is the only area in the state with decreasing case counts. While hospitalizations and deaths are higher today than yesterday, overall hospitalizations have been declining for the last three weeks, and deaths have been declining since mid-May, according to the report. Mobility, based on cell-phone data, appears to be on the rise and, in some counties, reaching pre-pandemic level.
- 99 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 14 new cases in Chaves County
- 1 new case in Cibola County
- 6 new cases in Curry County
- 53 new cases in Doña Ana County
- 9 new cases in Eddy County
- 3 new cases in Grant County
- 1 new case in Hidalgo County
- 12 new cases in Lea County
- 2 new cases in Lincoln County
- 1 new case in Luna County
- 23 new cases in McKinley County
- 1 new case in Otero County
- 1 new case in Quay County
- 5 new cases in Rio Arriba County
- 16 new cases in Sandoval County
- 18 new cases in San Juan County
- 10 new cases in Santa Fe County
- 2 new cases in Taos County
- 8 new cases in Valencia County
- 5 new cases among New Mexico Corrections Department inmates at the Otero County Prison Facility
- A male in his 50s from Bernalillo County.
- A male in his 60s from Bernalillo County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 90s from Bernalillo County who was a resident of the Princeton Place facility in Albuquerque.
- A male in his 80s from Doña Ana County who was hospitalized.
- A male in his 60s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A second male in his 60s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A male in his 70s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A male in his 40s from San Juan County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
The Department of Health has identified at least one positive COVID-19 case in residents and/or staff in the past 28 days at the following facilities:
- Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque in Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center in Albuquerque
- BeeHive Homes of Farmington in Farmington
- BeeHive Homes of Gallup in Gallup
- Blue Horizon Assisted Living in Las Cruces
- Bonney Family Home in Gallup
- Brookdale Juan Tabo Place in Albuquerque
- Brookdale Santa Fe in Santa Fe
- Camino Healthcare in Albuquerque
- Casa de Oro Center in Las Cruces
- Casa Real in Santa Fe
- Desert Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Hobbs
- Good Samaritan Society in Grants
- The Jim Wood Home in Hatch
- Little Sisters of the Poor in Gallup
- Mimbres Memorial Nursing Home in Deming
- Namaste House Assisted Living in Farmington
- Princeton Place in Albuquerque
- Red Rocks Care Center in Gallup
- The Rio at Las Estancias in Albuquerque
- Sagecrest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Las Cruces
- Sandia Ridge Center in Albuquerque
- Sombrillo Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Los Alamos
- Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites in Albuquerque
- The Village at Northrise in Las Cruces
County totals are subject to change upon further investigation and determination of residency of individuals positive for COVID-19.
- Bernalillo County: 2,717
- Catron County: 2
- Chaves County: 147
- Cibola County: 243
- Colfax County: 9
- Curry County: 207
- Doña Ana County: 1,285
- Eddy County: 116
- Grant County: 27
- Guadalupe County: 20
- Harding County: 1
- Hidalgo County: 62
- Lea County: 223
- Lincoln County: 16
- Los Alamos County: 11
- Luna County: 113
- McKinley County: 3,548
- Otero County: 65
- Quay County: 9
- Rio Arriba County: 124
- Roosevelt County: 74
- Sandoval County: 793
- San Juan County: 2,612
- San Miguel County: 23
- Santa Fe County: 293
- Sierra County: 14
- Socorro County: 61
- Taos County: 51
- Torrance County: 47
- Union County: 8
- Valencia County: 163
Cases among people being held by federal agencies
- Cibola County Correctional Center: 2
- Otero County Prison Facility: 275
- Otero County Processing Center: 149
- Torrance County Detention Facility: 43
Cases among people being held by the Mexico Department of Corrections
- Central New Mexico Correctional Facility in Valencia County: 6
- Northwest New Mexico Correctional Center in Cibola County: 1
- Otero County Prison Facility: 456
- Penitentiary of New Mexico in Santa Fe County: 1
*Per the health department, hospitalization figures include people who were tested elsewhere but are hospitalized in New Mexico, but don't include people who were tested here but are hospitalized out of state.