New Mexico health officials today announced 218 new positive test results for COVID-19, bringing the statewide total thus far to 8,353.
Otero County Prison Facility accounted for just more than half of those cases, with 66 new cases among people held by federal agencies and 44 New Mexico Corrections Department inmates.
In terms of counties, McKinley County had 30 new cases, followed by 21 cases in both Doña Ana and San Juan counties.
As of today, 170 people are hospitalized and the state has designated 3,115 COVID-19 cases as recovered.*
The state also reported eight new deaths, bringing the total in New Mexico to 383 fatalities.
Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham, during an afternoon press conference focused on racism, said she expects to see an uptick in cases from counties where protests against the murder of George Floyd that have been taking place over the last week.
"What I'm hoping occurs is we can move those protest from the streets into virtual environments," she said, noting it was important to safeguard New Mexicans' right to assemble and speak out, but "protesting in a COVID world, you're taking a risk."
- 20 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 1 new case in Chaves County
- 1 new case in Cibola County
- 1 new case in Curry County
- 21 new cases in Doña Ana County
- 3 new cases in Eddy County
- 30 new cases in McKinley County
- 1 new case in Otero County
- 1 new case in Roosevelt County
- 3 new cases in Sandoval County
- 21 new cases in San Juan County
- 2 new cases in Socorro County
- 1 new case in Taos County
- 1 new case in Torrance County
- 1 new case in Valencia County
- 66 new cases among individuals held by federal agencies at the Otero County Prison Facility
- 44 new cases among New Mexico Corrections Department inmates at the Otero County Prison Facility
- A female in her 80s from Bernalillo County who was hospitalized, had underlying conditions and was a resident of The Village at Alameda in Albuquerque.
- A female in her 40s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 60s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A male in his 60s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A male in his 70s from McKinley County who had underlying conditions and was a patient at the Canyon Transitional Rehabilitation Center in Albuquerque.
- A male in his 90s from McKinley County who was a resident of Red Rocks Care Center in Gallup and had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 50s from San Juan County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A male in his 80s from San Juan County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
The Department of Health has identified at least one positive COVID-19 case in residents and/or staff in the past 28 days at the following facilities:
- Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque in Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center in Albuquerque
- Avamere Rehab at Fiesta Park in Albuquerque
- Aztec Health Care in Aztec
- Bear Canyon Nursing and Rehab Center in Albuquerque
- Beehive Homes in Farmington
- Belen Meadows in Belen
- Bonney Family Home in Gallup
- Brookdale Tramway Ridge in Albuquerque
- Camino Healthcare in Albuquerque
- Camino Retirement Apartments in Albuquerque
- Casa De Oro Center in Las Cruces
- Casa Del Sol Center in Las Cruces
- Casa Maria Health Care Center in Roswell
- Cedar Ridge Inn in Farmington
- Central Desert Behavioral Health in Albuquerque
- Clayton Nursing and Rehab in Clayton
- Dungarvin New Mexico, LLC in Gallup
- Good Samaritan Society in Grants
- Heartland Continuing Care Center in Portales
- The Jim Wood Home in Hatch
- Laguna Rainbow Elderly Care in Casa Blanca
- La Vida Llena in Albuquerque
- Legacy Santa Fe in Santa Fe
- Life Care Center of Farmington in Farmington
- Little Sisters of the Poor in Gallup
- McKinley Care Center in Gallup
- Mission Arch Center in Roswell
- MorningStar Assisted Living & Memory Care of Santa Fe in Santa Fe
- Pacifica Senior Living Center Santa Fe in Santa Fe
- Prime Care Assisted Living in Albuquerque
- Red Rocks Care Center in Gallup
- Retirement Ranches, Inc. in Clovis
- Robin House Assisted Living Center in Albuquerque
- San Juan Center in Farmington
- South Valley Care Center in Albuquerque
- Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites in Albuquerque
- Sundance Care Home in Gallup
- Tohatchi Area Opportunity Services (TAOS) in Tohatchi
- Uptown Genesis in Albuquerque
- The Village at Alameda in Albuquerque
- The Village at Northrise in Las Cruces
- Wellbrook Transitional Rehabilitation Center in Farmington
According to a news release, statewide totals have been adjusted to reflect the following changes: Previously reported numbers included two cases in McKinley County that have been identified as duplicates and three cases that have been determined to be out-of-state residents: one in Bernalillo County, one in Luna County and one in McKinley County. County totals are subject to change upon further investigation and determination of residency.
Cases among people being held by federal agencies
- Cibola County Correctional Center: 2
- Otero County Prison Facility: 157
- Otero County Processing Center: 92
- Torrance County Detention Facility: 18
Cases among people being held by the Mexico Department of Corrections
- Central New Mexico Correctional Facility in Valencia County: 1
- Otero County Prison Facility: 206
- Penitentiary of New Mexico in Santa Fe County: 1
*Per the health department, hospitalization figures include people who were tested elsewhere but are hospitalized in New Mexico, but don't include people who were tested here but are hospitalized out of state.