New Mexico health officials today announced 122 new positive test results for COVID-19, bringing the statewide total thus far to 8,140.
McKinley County had the most new cases—37—followed by Bernalillo County with 28, and 25 new cases are among people being held by federal agencies at the Otero County Prison Facility. That facility now has 253 cases divided between people under federal jurisdiction (91 cases) and state inmates (162 cases).
San Juan County is reporting lower numbers for the first time with seven new cases. Santa Fe County reported three new cases and has had new cases each day but one since May 27. The state's most current modeling report indicates that while the effective rate of transmission in the northeast region—which includes Santa Fe—remains below 1.15 as desired, it has increased from its 1.07 rate the week prior.
As of today, 170 people are hospitalized; the health department has designated 3,013 COVID-19 cases as recovered.
The state also reported eight new deaths, bringing the total number of fatalities to 375. Five were from McKinley County and three were from San Juan County.
- 28 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 2 new cases in Cibola County
- 1 new case in Curry County
- 8 new cases in Doña Ana County
- 1 new case in Lincoln County
- 1 new case in Luna County
- 37 new cases in McKinley County
- 3 new cases in Rio Arriba County
- 4 new cases in Sandoval County
- 7 new cases in San Juan County
- 3 new cases in Santa Fe County
- 2 new cases in Valencia County
- 25 new cases among individuals held by federal agencies at the Otero County Prison Facility
- A male in his 60s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A male in his 70s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A second male in his 70s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 80s from McKinley County who was hospitalized.
- A male in his 80s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 60s from San Juan County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A male in his 60s from San Juan County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A female in her 80s from San Juan County who was hospitalized, had underlying conditions and was a resident of Life Care Center of Farmington.
The Department of Health has identified at least one positive COVID-19 case in residents and/or staff in the past 28 days at the following facilities:
- Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque in Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center in Albuquerque
- Avamere Rehab at Fiesta Park in Albuquerque
- Aztec Health Care in Aztec
- Bear Canyon Nursing and Rehab Center in Albuquerque
- Beehive Homes in Farmington
- Belen Meadows in Belen
- Bonney Family Home in Gallup
- Brookdale Tramway Ridge in Albuquerque
- Camino Healthcare in Albuquerque
- Camino Retirement Apartments in Albuquerque
- Casa De Oro Center in Las Cruces
- Casa Del Sol Center in Las Cruces
- Casa Maria Health Care Center in Roswell
- Cedar Ridge Inn in Farmington
- Central Desert Behavioral Health in Albuquerque
- Clayton Nursing and Rehab in Clayton
- Dungarvin New Mexico, LLC in Gallup
- Good Samaritan Society in Grants
- Heartland Continuing Care Center in Portales
- The Jim Wood Home in Hatch
- Laguna Rainbow Elderly Care in Casa Blanca
- La Vida Llena in Albuquerque
- Legacy Santa Fe in Santa Fe
- Life Care Center of Farmington in Farmington
- Little Sisters of the Poor in Gallup
- McKinley Care Center in Gallup
- Mission Arch Center in Roswell
- MorningStar Assisted Living & Memory Care of Santa Fe in Santa Fe
- Pacifica Senior Living Center Santa Fe in Santa Fe
- Prime Care Assisted Living in Albuquerque
- Red Rocks Care Center in Gallup
- Retirement Ranches, Inc. in Clovis
- Robin House Assisted Living Center in Albuquerque
- San Juan Center in Farmington
- South Valley Care Center in Albuquerque
- Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites in Albuquerque
- Sundance Care Home in Gallup
- Tohatchi Area Opportunity Services (TAOS) in Tohatchi
- Uptown Genesis in Albuquerque
- The Village at Alameda in Albuquerque
- The Village at Northrise in Las Cruces
- Wellbrook Transitional Rehabilitation Center in Farmington
A news release says county totals have been corrected for the following errors: Previously reported numbers included six cases that have been identified as duplicates: two in Bernalillo County; one in Chaves County; two in McKinley County; and one in Sandoval County. One case in Santa Fe County had not been lab confirmed and one omitted case that was thought to be an out-of-state resident that has since been identified as a San Juan County resident.
County totals are subject to change upon further investigation and determination of residency of individuals positive for COVID-19.
Cases among people being held by federal agencies
- Cibola County Correctional Center: 2
- Otero County Prison Facility: 91
- Otero County Processing Center: 92
- Torrance County Detention Facility: 18
Cases among people being held by the Mexico Department of Corrections
- Central New Mexico Correctional Facility in Valencia County: 1
- Otero County Prison Facility: 162
- Penitentiary of New Mexico in Santa Fe County: 1
*Per the health department, hospitalization figures include people who were tested elsewhere but are hospitalized in New Mexico, but don't include people who were tested here but are hospitalized out of state.