New Mexico health officials today announced 160 new positive tests for COVID-19, bringing the statewide total thus far to 6,625.
McKinley, Bernalillo and San Juan counties accounted for the bulk of the new cases, with 44, 42 and 41, respectively. Santa Fe County has two new cases.
The state also announced eight more deaths—in Bernalillo, McKinley and San Juan counties—bringing the total number of fatalities to 302. Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham announced earlier today that all state flags will fly at half mast through sundown on Monday, May 25 to recognize victims of COVID-19 and their families, as well as Memorial Day weekend recognition of military personnel.
As of today, 210 people are hospitalized*. The health department has designated 2,149 COVID-19 cases as recovered.
The newest figures arrive as the state announced it is accepting applications for 200 to 250 contact tracers. The positions range from entry-level through supervisory. Contact tracers identify and monitor people who have tested positive for COVID-19, and help track people who have been in close proximity to those who have been infected. The work has been characterized as key for containing future spread.
According to a news release, the work will be done remotely, and hiring will be done virtually. Qualifications include experience in a health-related field or work with communities on social service matters, social work or case management.
- 42 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 1 new case in Chaves County
- 9 new cases in Cibola County
- 1 new case in Curry County
- 11 new cases in Doña Ana County
- 44 new cases in McKinley County
- 2 new cases in Otero County
- 5 new cases in Roosevelt County
- 1 new case in Sandoval County
- 41 new cases in San Juan County
- 2 new cases in Santa Fe County
- 1 new case in Valencia County
- A female in her 90s from Bernalillo County who had underlying conditions and was a resident of the Village at Alameda facility in Albuquerque.
- A second female in her 90s from Bernalillo County who was hospitalized, had underlying conditions and was a resident of the Village at Alameda facility in Albuquerque.
- A third female in her 90s from Bernalillo County who had underlying conditions and was a patient at Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque.
- A male in his 60s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A male in his 70s from San Juan County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A second male in his 70s from San Juan County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A male in his 90s from San Juan County who was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
- A second male in his 90s from San Juan County who had underlying conditions and was a resident of Life Care Center of Farmington.
Congregate living facilities
- Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque in Albuquerque
- Aztec Health Care in Aztec
- Beehive Homes in Farmington
- Bonney Family Home in Gallup
- Casa Maria Health Care Center in Roswell
- Cedar Ridge Inn in Farmington
- Central Desert Behavioral Health in Albuquerque
- Clayton Nursing and Rehab in Clayton
- Dungarvin New Mexico, LLC in Gallup
- Heartland Continuing Care Center in Portales
- La Vida Llena in Albuquerque
- Legacy Santa Fe in Santa Fe
- Life Care Center of Farmington in Farmington
- Little Sisters of the Poor in Gallup
- McKinley Care Center in Gallup
- MorningStar Assisted Living & Memory Care of Santa Fe in Santa Fe
- Pacifica Senior Living Center Santa Fe in Santa Fe
- Red Rocks Care Center in Gallup
- Retirement Ranches, Inc. in Clovis
- Robin House Assisted Living Center in Albuquerque
- Sandia Ridge Center in Albuquerque
- San Juan Center in Farmington
- Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites in Albuquerque
- Sundance Care Home in Gallup
- Taos Living Center in Taos
- Tohatchi Area Opportunity Services (TAOS) in Tohatchi
- Uptown Genesis in Albuquerque
- The Village at Alameda in Albuquerque
- Wellbrook Transitional Rehabilitation Center in Farmington
- Bernalillo County: 1,313
- Catron County: 2
- Chaves County: 35
- Cibola County: 122
- Colfax County: 5
- Curry County: 45
- Doña Ana County: 370
- Eddy County: 17
- Grant County: 16
- Guadalupe County: 19
- Harding County: 1
- Hidalgo County: 1
- Lea County: 21
- Lincoln County: 3
- Los Alamos County: 6
- Luna County: 8
- McKinley County: 2,086
- Otero County: 12
- Quay County: 5
- Rio Arriba County: 36
- Roosevelt County: 31
- Sandoval County: 529
- San Juan County: 1,490
- San Miguel County: 10
- Santa Fe County: 129
- Sierra County: 1
- Socorro County: 49
- Taos County: 22
- Torrance County: 19
- Union County: 3
- Valencia County: 70
Cases among people held by federal agencies at the following facilities:
- Cibola County Correctional Center: 2
- Otero County Prison Facility: 39
- Otero County Processing Center: 66
- Torrance County Detention Facility: 1
People held by the New Mexico Corrections Department at the following facilities:
- Central New Mexico Correctional Facility in Valencia County: 1
- Otero County Prison Facility: 40