The Santa Fe Reporter is the city’s source for award-winning alternative news and culture since 1974. We publish a weekly print edition each Wednesday, update our website daily, and distribute four glossy magazines each year.
2019 Special Publication Dates
- SANTA FE LOCAL'S GUIDE May 8
- SUMMER GUIDE May 29
- RESTAURANT GUIDE October 2
- WINTER GUIDE DOUBLE ISSUE December 18
- Each Wednesday, we distribute 15,000 free copies of the weekly newspaper.
- Readers pick up SFR at over 250 locations.
- Santa Fe is our core circulation market, with copies delivered to Los Alamos and the Pojoaque Valley as well as to Eldorado and Madrid.
- Our free website sees 1.7 million page views each year.
- More than 65 percent of 674,040 annual visitors regularly return to the site.
- In late 2017, we relaunched our platform with responsive design, faster loading, and more mobile optimization.
- Beyond Santa Fe and Albuquerque, the top 30 home cities of our readers include five of the biggest cities in Texas as well as Denver, Los Angeles and Phoenix.
Over 7 percent of our web traffic comes from our trackable email newsletters, which reach 60,000 readers who have opted in.
- The New Edition | Wednesdays - Links to the fresh content in that Wednesday’s new print edition.
- The Fork | Thursdays - Every Thursday, we focus on food.
- Weekend Picks | Fridays - Things to see and do, delivered every Friday.
- Morning Word | Weekdays - Get the headlines from around the city and the state.
- Leaf Brief | Monthly - Roundup of the local, state and national updates about cannabis news.
LIVELY - More than 30 percent of our print and online readers under the age of 34. SFR’s readers are evenly split between people who are in the workforce and those who are enjoying retirement.
LOCAL - 63 percent of combined print and digital responses to our 2017 readers survey were from people who say they shop mostly local and at some chains.
LOYAL - 90 percent of print readers report they pick up an issue every week.
Best of Santa Fe
Often imitated, never duplicated, Santa Fe Reporter conducts an annual readers poll on the “Best of Santa Fe” in 150 categories. Readers cast more than 160,000 votes to choose the nonprofits, restaurants, retailers, service providers and others who participate in this giant annual project, culminating in our biggest issue of the the year and a community party in the Santa Fe Railyard.