Time to let your freak flag fly in honor of the freakiest holiday of the year. Of all the cities in the country, we shouldn't take for granted the crazies in Santa Fe.
We know that you're itching to bust out those red chili costumes—and, of course, the meth head costume, courtesy of Breaking Bad. But we won't blame you if you want to dress up like Johnny Depp, who's been visiting us for the past few months.
One thing is for sure: don't let the ghost of shyness and reserve take possession of you! This is the one day where you can embrace the weirdness that holds Santa Fe captive. So let's take a page out of SFR cover boy Micah Ortega and bust out your own personal donut suit!
Here are some of our top events to get your Hallo-swag on!
1. Halloween with KISS Cover Band: 8 pm Wednesday, Oct. 31. Free. Second Street Brewery (Railyard), 1607 Paseo de Peralta, 989-3278
There's no better way to celebrate All Hallows Eve than with a cover band that should be wearing the most face paint in the whole room!
2. Phantom of the Opera: 7 pm Wednesday, Oct. 31. $10-$20. The Lensic, 211 W San Francisco St., 988-1234
Embrace your outer mask, complete with a live orchestra to guide the silent film.
3. War of the Worlds: 7 pm Wednesday, Oct. 31, free. Warehouse 21, 1614 Paseo de Peralta, 989-4423
Experience the realistic radio broadcast that brought people to a panic back in 1938. Also on KSFR 101.1 FM.
4. Halloween is in the Air: 7 pm Wednesday, Oct. 31. Free. La Casa Sena Cantina, 125 E. Palace Ave., 988-9232 Grab some witch's brew and meet some goblins while Halloween-themed songs are performed. Costumes encouraged.
5. BODY Kids Halloween Party: 5:30 pm Wednesday, Oct. 31. Free. BODY of Santa Fe, 333 W Cordova Road, 986-0362
Give the kids something spooky and fun. Events are happening all around the BODY venue, featuring games, snacks, trick and treats!
6. Weird Science Carnival: 3:30-6 pm Wednesday, Oct. 31. $6-$9. Santa Fe Children's Museum, 1050 Old Pecos Trail, 989-8359
The event spotlights the "strange" in honor of Halloween. Costumes are awarded. Snacks are free. From walking on stilts to juggling, there's fun for all the family.
7. Halloween with The Bus Tapes: 8 pm, Wednesday, Oct. 31, no cover. Cowgirl, 319 S Guadalupe St., 982-2565
Dance to some ghostly folk music, and make sure to wear a ghostly costume for the costume contest right after!
8. Halloween Screening: 10 pm, Tuesday, Oct. 30. $10, The Screen, Santa Fe University of Art and Design, 1600 St. Michael's Dr., 473-6494
The mandatory movie to prepare for the scariest day of the year.
9. Camel Rock 2012 Costume Contest: 8 pm-12 am, Saturday, Oct. 27, no cover. Camel Rock Casino, 17486A Hwy 84/285, 1-800-GO-CAMEL
Earn cash for your creations, as costumes are judged from Best Witch to Best Couple.
10. Halloween Havoc Concert: 7 pm, Friday, Oct. 26. $5, Warehouse 21, 1614 Paseo de Peralta, 989-4423
Test out your scary look and rock out in costume, with Savage Wisdom, HN-88, Carrion Kind & Xmortis.
Featured image via Wikimedia Commons.